Another Ultrasound

Actually, this was the nuchal translucency ultrasound where they screen (but not diagnose) for downs and other birth defects. I have to wait about a week for the official results, but so far everything looks fine. The major markers for downs (blood flow, small nose) were not there. In fact, the baby appears to have his/her father's nose!

The baby's heartbeat was 175 bpm, and he/she was slightly uncooperative at first. Probably because Gabe and I woke up late and had to drag ourselves to the appointment without our morning coffee/tea. The tech kept on pressing down on my abdomen to make the baby jump.

The baby measured at 12 weeks 3 days (I'm 12 weeks exactly today), so he/she is still measuring ahead.

Oh, one last thing...I think I know the gender! I pointed something out and both the tech and doctor confirmed my suspicion! Of course it's still too early to know officially; I'll know for sure at 20 weeks.


Baby with hand to his/her face