It was so great to see everyone! Initially, I wanted to visit Ben, Babs, and Amelia. I had this vision of going over there, sending them out and then Namu and I would clean, cook, and do the laundry. That was before I found out that I was pregnant and instant exhaustion hit.
Well, Namu called me on Thursday and I was to fly out on Friday. She had the flu and just wanted to warn me. I called the nurse and she said to do what I would do if I weren't pregnant since the flu wouldn't hurt the baby. So, I was fine with staying with her. Plus, I'm very healthy. I haven't gotten sick yet, and everyone has been fighting something or other at work.
I arrived so late, actually about 2am Saturday. Nikhil was so sweet to wait up for me and he fixed me a plate of food because I was starving.
I got to see Jitin and Sakshi on Saturday. They just put a contract on a house, and they were very excited. They spent the morning doing some furniture shopping so we met in the late afternoon. Before we met, I went to Catonsville to Ethan Allen to check on baby furniture (they discontinued it) and to look around Babies R Us. Babies R Us was completely overwhelming. I had my Babies Bargain book and just wanted to try out some of the recommendations. But with all the kids and babies running around, I quickly got exhausted and went to get some Pho instead.
I went to see the Giomarelli-Asefa family on Sunday. Ben made a wonderful brunch. Amelia is so big for being only 2 months old. She is absolutely beautiful, but that wasn't a surprise considering her parents. Both Ben and Babs seem to be natural parents. Ben was so cute because he wanted to show how fun bathing Amelia was. He was so into preparing the bath. And I got to participate. I'm so happy for them, and the little family seems so content.
On Monday, I met the girls (Karina, June, Claudia, and Kathy) in College Park. I can't remember the last time I saw everyone, but it's been a long time. Kathy looked great with her new haircut. And Karina brought the boys. I can't believe how big they are. Sebastian was the most talkative I've ever seen, and I've never even heard Maxi talk! And Karina gave me my first baby present. I do miss them all!
I was really sad to leave, but so grateful to see everyone. As always, Namu's hospitally made me feel like I was being taken care of by family.
Well, Namu called me on Thursday and I was to fly out on Friday. She had the flu and just wanted to warn me. I called the nurse and she said to do what I would do if I weren't pregnant since the flu wouldn't hurt the baby. So, I was fine with staying with her. Plus, I'm very healthy. I haven't gotten sick yet, and everyone has been fighting something or other at work.
I arrived so late, actually about 2am Saturday. Nikhil was so sweet to wait up for me and he fixed me a plate of food because I was starving.
I got to see Jitin and Sakshi on Saturday. They just put a contract on a house, and they were very excited. They spent the morning doing some furniture shopping so we met in the late afternoon. Before we met, I went to Catonsville to Ethan Allen to check on baby furniture (they discontinued it) and to look around Babies R Us. Babies R Us was completely overwhelming. I had my Babies Bargain book and just wanted to try out some of the recommendations. But with all the kids and babies running around, I quickly got exhausted and went to get some Pho instead.
I went to see the Giomarelli-Asefa family on Sunday. Ben made a wonderful brunch. Amelia is so big for being only 2 months old. She is absolutely beautiful, but that wasn't a surprise considering her parents. Both Ben and Babs seem to be natural parents. Ben was so cute because he wanted to show how fun bathing Amelia was. He was so into preparing the bath. And I got to participate. I'm so happy for them, and the little family seems so content.
On Monday, I met the girls (Karina, June, Claudia, and Kathy) in College Park. I can't remember the last time I saw everyone, but it's been a long time. Kathy looked great with her new haircut. And Karina brought the boys. I can't believe how big they are. Sebastian was the most talkative I've ever seen, and I've never even heard Maxi talk! And Karina gave me my first baby present. I do miss them all!
I was really sad to leave, but so grateful to see everyone. As always, Namu's hospitally made me feel like I was being taken care of by family.