Tornado 2008

First of all, we are okay! We are so lucky because the tornado hit East Atlanta Village, about 1 mile from us, but it didn't reach the Preserve. Below are photos taken 2 days afterwards with some of the cleanup already in progress.









On Friday, we had taken Leslie to see Menopause and had gone to South City Kitchen afterwards for dinner. Gabe started getting texts but we didn't realize the extent of what was going on; we just thought it was a bad storm.

On my way home to East Atlanta, all the lights were out on the streets. It was completely dark and I could just feel the damage. It was surreal (yeah, I know, overused). When I got home and turned on the news, I was shocked by how much damage had been done. The area near the restaurant where we were at 2 nights before was completely hit.

And CNN was calling it a "potential tornado." It's not a "potential" tornado when it blows the roof off of a loft building and the windows off of office buildings, including the CNN building!