Halfway There!

I'm 20 weeks today! Yeah - halfway there! While the first trimester went by so slowly, I'm constantly amazed every Thursday when I move up another week. I think the baby is now the size of a banana. (For those who don't know, pregnancy is 40 weeks because of the way they start counting based on your cycle, even though the baby's age is actually 2 weeks younger. And delivery could happen anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks.)

Some random stuff:

- I think I felt the baby on Monday night. I felt a little pop pop when I was lying down. Of course it could have been gas...

- I've gained 16 lbs so far, only one pound above the recommended 15 lbs for the first 20 weeks. And no stretch marks yet, but I'm sure I'll get them because my mom had them and both my brother and I already have them in other places.

- Yep, the 24/7 morning sickness came back. This time it's been accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. I almost fainted at work on Monday, and it was really scary when I got vertigo driving on the highway! I've also just started breaking out on my face. Luckily I got the okay to start using ProActiv again.

- I feel really productive this week. Got quotes for painting the nursery and staining the deck. Called the electrician to fix the kitchen light. Still need to get a quote for installing shutters in the house. I was thinking that if the baby is anywhere near as active as Gabe, it probably would be best to not have curtains in the nursery for him to pull/climb!

- Gabe was forwarded a photo of a chocolate lab pup that he asked me if we could adopt. Uh, no. It would be so unfair to adopt a dog now. He'll have to get used to the cats and then the baby. On top of that, we don't have a fenced yard. However, we did make a compromise. I could get a Great Dane if we don't circumcised the baby.
BJ needs a home:-(



***WARNING!!!! Gross photo ahead!***







20 week belly to belly in progress