My sweet husband gave me a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. On Friday, we had date night and went to see Harold and Kumar at the drive-in with a special stop at Zesto's, where they always mention that Gabe "favors" Eugene Levy. On Saturday, we went baby furniture shopping (yes, there was a little nagging involved) and when we got home, Gabe mulched our front yard (again, a little nagging involved) and reinforced our front door after a series of break-ins in the neighborhood. I had recently mentioned to him a book about the Five Languages of Love (quality time, gifts, touch, words, and service) and that service was at the top for me. Guess he listened!
On Sunday, we went to get some dim sum. Funny how, without meaning to, dim sum figures prominently in our lives. We took our wedding guests to dim sum in Hawaii the day after our wedding. We went to dim sum right after we found out I was pregnant. Dim sum again on Mother's Day:-)
Disclaimer: I don't want anyone to think we have anything close to a perfect life, so I'll 'fess up to the huge argument that we had between Friday night and Saturday morning. A little had to do with some conversations we had earlier in the week that went something like this:
Trin: My back is killing me.
Gabe: How do you like my moustache? Don't you think it's funny?
Trin: Why did my morning sickness come back? I can barely walk because of my back pain. Charlie at work was so sweet and filled a plastic bag with styrofoam peanuts to give me some back support.
Gabe: I'm going to the RadioHead concert with Arik! He's going to laugh at my moustache.
I take full responsibility for not being more direct and asking for a backrub, but come on! Your wife is complaining about back pain from carrying your child and all you care about is your moustache???
On Sunday, we went to get some dim sum. Funny how, without meaning to, dim sum figures prominently in our lives. We took our wedding guests to dim sum in Hawaii the day after our wedding. We went to dim sum right after we found out I was pregnant. Dim sum again on Mother's Day:-)
Disclaimer: I don't want anyone to think we have anything close to a perfect life, so I'll 'fess up to the huge argument that we had between Friday night and Saturday morning. A little had to do with some conversations we had earlier in the week that went something like this:
Trin: My back is killing me.
Gabe: How do you like my moustache? Don't you think it's funny?
Trin: Why did my morning sickness come back? I can barely walk because of my back pain. Charlie at work was so sweet and filled a plastic bag with styrofoam peanuts to give me some back support.
Gabe: I'm going to the RadioHead concert with Arik! He's going to laugh at my moustache.
I take full responsibility for not being more direct and asking for a backrub, but come on! Your wife is complaining about back pain from carrying your child and all you care about is your moustache???