I don't want to be too political, but the baby was kicking like crazy during Barack's speech last night. Gabe suggested we call him "Hussein" (Barack's middle name) from now on.
The kicks aren't hard enough for Gabe to feel yet, but they've graduated from the little flutterings or that lurching feeling like when you drive and go down a little hill. Now I definitely feel little kicks.
On another note, this baby is like the second coming in my neighborhood. Those I've told are so excited that he's going to be the first boy born in the Preserve (of course, the neigbhors I told were guys). I think there is a small part of Gabe (though he will deny it) that really wanted a baby girl who would be a Daddy's girl. One of my neighbors (who has a girl) was so surprised to hear that because he thought all men wanted boys.
There's currently 4 baby girls on my street and another couple is expecting about 6 weeks after me. Maybe they'll have a boy for Hussein to play with:-)
The kicks aren't hard enough for Gabe to feel yet, but they've graduated from the little flutterings or that lurching feeling like when you drive and go down a little hill. Now I definitely feel little kicks.
On another note, this baby is like the second coming in my neighborhood. Those I've told are so excited that he's going to be the first boy born in the Preserve (of course, the neigbhors I told were guys). I think there is a small part of Gabe (though he will deny it) that really wanted a baby girl who would be a Daddy's girl. One of my neighbors (who has a girl) was so surprised to hear that because he thought all men wanted boys.
There's currently 4 baby girls on my street and another couple is expecting about 6 weeks after me. Maybe they'll have a boy for Hussein to play with:-)