Gorgeous, Gorgeous Baby!

- my perinatologist

I asked Gabe if he thought that she told everyone this, but he thinks that because she's a perinatologist (OB for high risk pregnancies - btw, I'm not high risk, just old), she's probably careful to not be too enthusiastic about most of her clients' babies. So, Baby Wardell must really be "gorgeous"!!!

Thankfully, he's still measuring only a week ahead and not 2 or 3 weeks ahead. If that were the case, I should probably just go ahead and schedule a C-section. His weight was 3lbs. 5 oz. and his heartbeat was 138 bpm.

Oy, I'm glad he's doing well in there because his mother sure isn't:-( He has apparently been sitting on a nerve so I could barely walk in the past week. So between last and this week, I've called in sick twice and had to leave work early once, and I NEVER do that. Plus, I'm trying to be careful to save up enough sick/vacation time for my leave. As it is, I'll only have about 5 weeks worth of sick/vacation time and I want to take off 8 weeks. Tech has this policy that I will have to pay back my medical/dental insurance and retirement for those 3 weeks that I'm not covered. Nice, huh? Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) is unpaid and it only guarantees your job for up to 12 weeks. So, the plan is for me to take October and November off, and Gabe will take December off. The poor kid will start daycare when he's a wee 3 months. But I hear daycare will build up his immunity...eventually:-)

I think I'm alternating betweening anxiety attacks that we've only got about 2 months left and wanting to get my body back. If he's not here by October 9, this baby is getting an eviction notice!

His latest photo - he may have an overbite
so we have to start saving for braces

His little foot