Daycare

I think we found a daycare!

I had placed our name on the GA Tech daycare that is across the street from my office before I was even pregnant. However, their waiting list is really long and there won't be a spot for Gustav until August 2009! I was counting on it because then I could walk over during lunch and feed him.

Unfortunately that was the only daycare that we looked into.

Our neighbors have a nanny and they volunteered to share their nanny with us because their daughter will be going to preschool three days a week and they didn't want to lose the nanny since they want her for their next baby. However, they pay her really well and it wasn't affordable for us.

Then Gabe got an email from an acquaintance, Chris Klaus (Chris actually donated a building to GA Tech!). Anyway, Chris' wife Chrissy founded a daycare nearby that is eco friendly (all sustainable products), organic, etc. Chris suggested that we contact Chrissy to tour the daycare. I had already looked into it and even with its discount for Tech employees, it was outrageously expensive. But, we decided it wouldn't hurt to tour it.

It was lovely and well thought out. All the providers had at least a Bachelor's degree and many had their Masters. The chef was trained at Le Cordon Bleu and she makes risotto for the children. My concern however is that it may be a little too elite and we may not fit in with all the wealthier parents. But Gabe really liked it. If you know Gabe well, you'll know that he went to a progressive elementary school that was part of a college. Also, he attended a prep school (Phillips Academy in Andover) even though his family was poor. I'm more traditional since I went to Catholic school for 12 years!

Chrissy said that they've received great press but there was always criticism about the high cost. So they reduced the tuition a tad.

I have a feeling Gustav is going to attend this daycare.