Drama In Daycare

There was no water in the facility when I went to feed Gustav this afternoon. Since he was sleeping, his teacher asked me to stay because if the water didn't come back on in the next 30 minutes, they would have to close down. I think the teachers were all looking forward to having a half day, but of course the water came back on about 10 minutes before the deadline!

Gustav was pretty fussy all weekend, most likely from teething, and also we kept him up pretty late last night at the Oscar party so he slept the entire time I was there. I was playing with the other babies and had to overhear some daycare drama. One of the teachers wanted to go on her break because she had been there so early but the other teacher had not come back yet. She was pretty insistent, even though it would mean moving babies around to the other room so that the proper teacher baby ratio could be maintained. The other teachers were not happy with her so there was some tension. Then when I was leaving, this teacher was complaining to the director, who obviously could not care less. She is the only Asian teacher there and she has a thick accent so I kind of felt bad for her, even though she was not being very flexible.

I think I'll bring in hot Krispy Kremes tomorrow to smooth things over!