Gabe is away at the SXSW Film Festival so I have the baby all to myself this weekend!
I've been looking forward to the Oak Grove consignment sale in Decatur all week because it's one of the bigger and better ones, and since I've never been to a consignment sale before, I thought I'd at least find a few things at Oak Grove. Today is the last day and half off!
Well, things didn't start off very well this morning. I decided to try out the Baby Bjorn that we got for our trip to Thailand. I had the baby facing out and went about doing my morning chores, which included feeding the cats.

After I put the plastic wrap on the cat food can, I saw the baby reaching for the wrap and running his finger over the can. I thought it was nothing until I ran my finger over the can just to be sure. Oh boy, it was kinda sharp. I looked at his finger and sure enough he was bleeding:-(
I tried not to panic and called Gabe. I checked the baby book. Since he is luckily on the regular vaccination schedule, he had 2 of his 3 tenanus shots. Then I called his pediatrician's office and the 24 hour nurse hotline. The nurse reassured me that he was suitably protected with 2 of the 3 tetanus shots. Phew!
So we head out and as we got close to the sale, I realized that I had no cash and I left my checkbook at home. Drove around for miles looking for a bank and didn't find one. I finally went into Walgreens and bought some candy in order to get cash back.
The sale was only until 12:30 and I got there at 12pm. Gustav is growing out of his clothes so we needed new ones. Like everywhere else, there were 3x more girl clothes than boys. I wasn't very picky so I quickly went through the racks and found a bunch of stuff. 14 outfits for under $26!
I picked up a southern style smock outfit for him. I'm not a big fan of this look for baby boys, but for $2 why not?
I hurried to check out because I knew that there would be a scrum at 12:30. Gustav started to fuss but the minute I got to the checkout and the ladies there started to talk to him, he became all smiles and raspberries. As always, they mentioned his ears and what a happy baby he was.
I fed him in the car and thought I could make it to another place. So we went to Trader Joe's. Gustav loves Trader Joe's and Target. Every time we are at either place, he pulls up in his carseat and looks around and smiles. I think he lights the bright colors and lights.
He was such a great baby today, despite the rainy weather, cut on his finger, banging his head on the desk, and his mom dragging him all over the place!

I've been looking forward to the Oak Grove consignment sale in Decatur all week because it's one of the bigger and better ones, and since I've never been to a consignment sale before, I thought I'd at least find a few things at Oak Grove. Today is the last day and half off!
Well, things didn't start off very well this morning. I decided to try out the Baby Bjorn that we got for our trip to Thailand. I had the baby facing out and went about doing my morning chores, which included feeding the cats.
After I put the plastic wrap on the cat food can, I saw the baby reaching for the wrap and running his finger over the can. I thought it was nothing until I ran my finger over the can just to be sure. Oh boy, it was kinda sharp. I looked at his finger and sure enough he was bleeding:-(
I tried not to panic and called Gabe. I checked the baby book. Since he is luckily on the regular vaccination schedule, he had 2 of his 3 tenanus shots. Then I called his pediatrician's office and the 24 hour nurse hotline. The nurse reassured me that he was suitably protected with 2 of the 3 tetanus shots. Phew!
So we head out and as we got close to the sale, I realized that I had no cash and I left my checkbook at home. Drove around for miles looking for a bank and didn't find one. I finally went into Walgreens and bought some candy in order to get cash back.
The sale was only until 12:30 and I got there at 12pm. Gustav is growing out of his clothes so we needed new ones. Like everywhere else, there were 3x more girl clothes than boys. I wasn't very picky so I quickly went through the racks and found a bunch of stuff. 14 outfits for under $26!
I picked up a southern style smock outfit for him. I'm not a big fan of this look for baby boys, but for $2 why not?
I fed him in the car and thought I could make it to another place. So we went to Trader Joe's. Gustav loves Trader Joe's and Target. Every time we are at either place, he pulls up in his carseat and looks around and smiles. I think he lights the bright colors and lights.
He was such a great baby today, despite the rainy weather, cut on his finger, banging his head on the desk, and his mom dragging him all over the place!