Preparing for Thailand

I'm sure it's going to be a lot easier than I expect, but you really have to plan! Plus, we haven't taken him ever on a plane trip and his first one is going to be a big one.

So this is what we need to do:
  • get his birth certificate (done)
  • get his passport with both parents present (guess we'll have to pay extra for the rush order)
  • check out the CDC website to see if he'll need extra vaccinations
  • buy the tickets and ask for the bulkhead seats and a bassinet
  • pay 10% for his ticket even though he'll be infant in arms
  • check out the guidelines for luggage, formula and food, carseat/stroller
Here are some of the advice that I received:
  • wear the baby (got the Baby Bjorn already)
  • take our travel system (stroller and carseat) directly to the gate because we'll go through security more quickly and also they may get damaged if we tried to check them in. They will come in handy when we're in Japan because we'll probably get tired of holding him.
  • pack diapers for every hour of travel in my carry-on
  • pack 2 outfits for the baby as well as change of clothes for Gabe and me (in case Gustav throws up on us)
  • take 2 weeks worth of formula and food just in case (although I kinda want Gustav to sample whatever it is that Thai babies eat)
  • don't bother packing the diapers since I can buy them in Thailand
Apparently traveling with a baby is easiest at this age. I'm really nervous but I can't wait for my family to meet the little guy!