Back on the Charts

We took Gustav to the doctor to follow up on his weight since he went down on his weight from 4 months to 6 months.

A recap:
  • Birth -7 pounds (50th percentile)
  • One Month - 9 pounds 6 ounces (25-50th percentile)
  • Two Months - not sure what his weight was but he was in the 50th percentile
  • Four Months -13 pounds 1/2 ounce (10-25th percentile)
  • Six Months - 13 pounds 10 ounces (<5th>
Between 4 and 6 months was when he transitioned from being with me full-time to being in daycare. Before I breastfed on demand but with him in daycare, I had to pump, which wasn't that successful. I was constantly stressed so I forgot to eat and drink water. Consequently I didn't produce enough for his needs and what I produced was probably not good quality. I think this was probably the reason for the drop in his weight percentile.

We started supplementing with regular formula but he was still not gaining a lot so we changed the formula to the kind used for preemies, even though he was not a preemie. That certainly bulked him up. I think we finally realized that he has a super high metabolism. His teachers have commented that his bottles go right through him (yeah for good bowels!). And this kid is very active; he is always on the move!

At today's appointment he was 15 pounds 11 ounces (10th percentile). We got the okay to go back to regular formula and to continue with his solids schedule (twice a day). His doctor told us that we were doing everything right:-)