Chang Mai

We left on Friday for Chang Mai, the location of Tea (my cousin) and Pascal's wedding.

Jay forgot something at the house so he dropped us off and we flew up without him. He was going to join us later in the day.

Gustav got a C- on the flight. I'm not sure why. I was sitting with Gai in the row in front of him and Gabe. I thought he did fine so you'll have to ask Gabe why he got a C-.



We stayed at the D2 Hotel, which was awesome! We were greeted with a beverage in these cool wobbly glasses. Gabe and I love modern minimalistic design and this place sure did please us. And it was a block away from Starbucks!


Going to any restaurant with my brother is a feast. He pretty much orders just about everything on the menu, every time!


Gabe really wanted to dine at the hotel restaurant, but I thought it was just another example of a hip restaurant at a cool hotel. I'd rather dine in the real Thai places. However we had a late night snack there after Tea's wedding and it didn't disappoint. Our waiter noticed me scratching my ankles and came back with an insect spray for me!


Wow, travel with a baby is so different. We were pretty much cocooned in the hotel room because of the heat. Poor Gustav has a heat rash on the back of his neck and around his ears. That and his diaper rash prevented us from wandering out too much in the sweltering heat.

He doesn't like being in his playpen at home so
it was no surprise that he didn't like it in Chang Mai.


Gustav had a little accident:-( Gabe had his eye on him, but he still managed to fall off the bed. Luckily Gabe caught his fall. It was so scary!

On Saturday morning at around 3am, Gustav said da da and crawled towards Gabe!

Gabe took him for a walk in the middle of the night and the people putting away their stalls for the Night Bazaar loved him and wanted to adopt him.

At the airport on the way home, all of a sudden Gustav was surrounded by people. This lady was making a big fuss about him and after she left, Gai told me that she was a famous actress! We saw the group again and I was luckily able to get some photos of her.