The pediatrician checked out his ears, lungs, and mouth, and everything looked great. She thinks that his diarrhea may be caused by his formula so she suggested trying a lactose-free formula for a couple of weeks. Next week we are going to start him on solids for lunch at daycare; he currently eats solids at breakfast and dinner at home.
As for the diaper rash, she suggested mixing Desitin with maalox and baby powder!
And he's gained a pound (he's now 17 lbs.) since his visit on May 1! I thought he had lost some weight with the diarrhea and his slightly diminished appetite in Thailand so I was very relieved to hear that.
BTW, I got poop all over me when we went to weigh him. I was so flustered getting his clothes off because he's so wiggly that when it was time to take off his diaper for him to be weighed, I didn't see that there was a mess in it. I was holding him without having wiped him! Yuck! And I had to go back to work. And of course, everyone kept coming into my office to talk. I hope they didn't notice!
As for the diaper rash, she suggested mixing Desitin with maalox and baby powder!
And he's gained a pound (he's now 17 lbs.) since his visit on May 1! I thought he had lost some weight with the diarrhea and his slightly diminished appetite in Thailand so I was very relieved to hear that.
BTW, I got poop all over me when we went to weigh him. I was so flustered getting his clothes off because he's so wiggly that when it was time to take off his diaper for him to be weighed, I didn't see that there was a mess in it. I was holding him without having wiped him! Yuck! And I had to go back to work. And of course, everyone kept coming into my office to talk. I hope they didn't notice!