This Weekend

Well, I got no work done this weekend but we did spend a lot of quality time as a family!

Saturday was Dinos and Date Night. The Fernbank Museum was hosting a Dinosaur Block Party celebrating their new Dinosaur Entrance Plaza with lots of games and puppet making with the Center for Puppetry Arts, one of our favorite places to go in Atlanta.



In the evening, Gustav's school was having a Parents Night Out where teachers volunteer to watch the children so the parents could have some time alone and the kids could have a pizza and movie night. The $25 fee went into a pot to buy supplies or whatever. We dropped Gustav off at 6pm and went to see Angels and Demons at Landmark. It was actually a good film. We had a nice chat with Maren, the theater manager. She's getting married to a French chap and I told her that hers was the third American woman / French spouse couple that we know in Atlanta. We plan to invite all the couples over and have a French themed night!

When we arrived to pick up the baby at 10pm, one of the teachers was holding him and she said "no, this one is mine!" So sweet:-)

Today we started out with a trip to Starbucks (we're slowly getting back to our pre-baby routine!), where we parked and then walked to a new environmentally friendly playground nearby. The Goose had a lot of fun.


I'm trying to get motivated to get work done (wrapping up my dad's probate, transferring title, financial stuff, cleaning out the garage, etc.), but this weekend was just family time. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and give yourself some slack. I'm so grateful for the wonderful weather this weekend, and the time to spend it with my 2 boys.

And, I did get one thing done on my list: I put down Gustav's new play mat and gate in the living room!