Wow, 9 months already? Gabe asked me the other day if I can remember a time when Gustav wasn't in our life. I told Gabe that yes, I can certainly remember that time. It was a great time, but his presence in our life has enriched and deepened it. Every day when I wake up, it doesn't feel cumulative; I'm surprised each and every day that he's mine.
I believe in karma, and I believe that I'm very blessed. How else to explain what a wonderful gift he is to me? I still can't believe that I'm his mother. How did I get so lucky?
Some things about Gustav at 9 months:



I believe in karma, and I believe that I'm very blessed. How else to explain what a wonderful gift he is to me? I still can't believe that I'm his mother. How did I get so lucky?
Some things about Gustav at 9 months:
- he's getting his top two central incisors
- he's always happy and chatty
- he can shake hands
- he sticks out his tongue when he blows a kiss
- he can clap
- he will eat anything (Mema the cook must be relieved!)
- he can stand on his own for a few seconds
- he had his first ear infection last week
- he can say da-da, hey, baba (bottle)
- he likes to open-mouth kiss us on our face
- he understands what "no" means but doesn't always listen to us
- he still doesn't know how to touch Chloe gently
- although he loves people, he will sometimes have separation anxiety when we leave the room
- he's been to a lot of places this past month - Zoo Atlanta, High Museum, Botanical Garden, Fernbank Museum
- he stops and grunts when he poops, then continues what he was doing
- he's confident, inquisitive, engaging, alert
- he's a very good patient during his doctor's visit
- he is amazing