Transition Week

Gustav is going through a very clingy phase and it's coinciding with his transition in school. Everything is fine until he sees me. Today I decided to visit him during lunch because the parent partnership meeting got canceled. He was in the toddler room having lunch with the other children. The second he saw me...the tears fell and the food came out of his mouth. He was a wreck.

I felt so bad for disrupting the class. He forgot about his lunch and just wanted to cling on to me. I got food on my hair, face, and shirt. In the past, he would cry when he saw me and then after he hugged me, he would go back to doing what he was doing. Not now. Now he wants to just hold onto me.

I suppose it is a combination of things: I left him (for the first time) for 2 days several weeks ago to fly to Baltimore; friends and family who he doesn't see often babysat him for 2 days in a row during Labor Day weekend; he's transitioning from the infant room to the toddler room at school.

Poor little guy's world is topsy-turvy! And to top it off, the weather in Atlanta has been dreary and I have no idea how to dress him.