The past few days have been rather challenging. I've been fighting a persistent cough and then Gabe got sick. And then Gustav started coughing on Sunday. Monday started out normally, and after work and school, we went to Paula's for dinner and to watch the Ravens game.
When we got home, I put Gustav straight to bed. That's when the fun began. Within a half hour, he started crying. For the next 2 hours, he was crying and screaming, and I was alternating between bringing him to bed with me and putting him back in his crib. Gabe had stayed at Paula's to finish watching the game so he didn't come home until about midnight. By that point I was pulling out my hair. I tagged him and tried to go to sleep.
By 2am Gabe was wondering if we should take the baby to the ER because his crying was so unusual. His temperature at that time was about 100-101 degrees, so it wasn't too high. We gave him another dose of tylenol, and I brought him back to bed with us.
We decided to keep him home on Tuesday and I made a doctor's appointment for him. Gabe stayed home while I went to work. I met them at the doctor's office in the afternoon though.
Luckily, Gustav didn't have an ear infection. The doctor said to continue doing what we were doing.
So on Tuesday night, I gave him a steam bath and put some Vicks on the bottom of his feet. I put the humidifier in his room and raised one side of his mattress. Then we anxiously waited to see if he would go to sleep.
It worked! By this morning he was back to normal, with a little bit of coughing. Oh my gosh, that sleepless night brought back so many memories of life with a newborn!
When we got home, I put Gustav straight to bed. That's when the fun began. Within a half hour, he started crying. For the next 2 hours, he was crying and screaming, and I was alternating between bringing him to bed with me and putting him back in his crib. Gabe had stayed at Paula's to finish watching the game so he didn't come home until about midnight. By that point I was pulling out my hair. I tagged him and tried to go to sleep.
By 2am Gabe was wondering if we should take the baby to the ER because his crying was so unusual. His temperature at that time was about 100-101 degrees, so it wasn't too high. We gave him another dose of tylenol, and I brought him back to bed with us.
We decided to keep him home on Tuesday and I made a doctor's appointment for him. Gabe stayed home while I went to work. I met them at the doctor's office in the afternoon though.
Luckily, Gustav didn't have an ear infection. The doctor said to continue doing what we were doing.
So on Tuesday night, I gave him a steam bath and put some Vicks on the bottom of his feet. I put the humidifier in his room and raised one side of his mattress. Then we anxiously waited to see if he would go to sleep.
It worked! By this morning he was back to normal, with a little bit of coughing. Oh my gosh, that sleepless night brought back so many memories of life with a newborn!