Thanksgiving Weekend

*I've been meaning to post about out Thanksgiving weekend but I'm just too tired! Gabe has been away and only returned Wednesday morning. That and 2 office parties this week, and all I want to do is chill out. So below is what I started, and may come back and finish!

We celebrated a little differently this year. Last year we had about 15 people over at our house because they all wanted to meet Gustav, who was 2 months at the time. Zak (Gabe's brother) and his wife Tessa flew in from Missouri. Leslie and Jimmy drove down from Delaware, along with all of her cooking gear. Uncle David, Aunt Sue, John, Robert, and Robert's girlfriend Shannon drove down from MD/VA/NY. Tea and Pascale were in town to celebrate with his family so they stopped by too. Paula, Mike and Dan joined us too.

Leslie and Sue took care of all the food and clean up, and I pretty much did nothing but attend to the baby. We played games and later watched a Wallace and Gromit movie in honor of Mom Mom.

It was a very special Thanksgiving and everyone had a great time. Zak at one point remarked that it was the best Thanksgiving ever.

During the holiday weekend, we went to an improv show and Gabe's cousin, who is an actor and involved with improv in NYC, was chosen to participate. We went to the King Tut exhibit, and Gabe took Leslie and Jimmy to a show based on David Sedaris' holiday short story.

This year was smaller and more intimate. Dan, Paula, Shelby and Ellie came over. Again, I had no part in the cooking or cleaning up. Yeah, I'm clever that way.

Afterward we played Cranium. Low-keyed and sweet. Made us wish we could stay in town and just hole up for Christmas too.

On Sunday, we celebrated Ellie's first birthday.

Here are the photos.