Chloe

We've been a little worried about Chloe in the past couple of months. I guess the fact that Christmastime was the anniversary of Pixie's illness didn't help matters.

She has been losing some weight and according to Gabe, acting strange.

I took her to the vet today and boy did they love her there! My vet called her a "turnip" because she allowed the technician to do whatever she wanted (remember Gabe practicing the shushing technique on her?). The technician said that Chloe was her favorite cat ever.

I think Gabe and I forget how special Chloe is. After all, she was the MVC (most valuable cat) during our two cross-country drives. While the other cats freaked out and cried for much of the way, Chloe was laid back and was inquisitive in all the hotels.

She really is a dear and sweet kitty. It's just that she is an attention whore and so needy. She also destroys the wood trim in our houses. We trim her nails and provide her with cat trees, but she prefers the staircase and door frames. And with an active baby, we just don't provide her with the attention that she used to get.

We need to be better. After all she is 13 years old and won't be with us forever.