Gabe and Gustav are heading to Missouri today to visit Zak and Tessa and also to attend the True/False Film Fest. I will be alone for 4 days!!!
I've only been apart from Gustav one other time, when I had to go up to Maryland alone to take care of my house. And I have to admit that I rather enjoyed the alone time; I could come and go as I pleased.
So, I'm kind of excited now. I couldn't go with them because I am helping with my neighbor's baby shower on Saturday. Plus my friend Jitin is visiting for a conference and I wanted to see him.
Four days!!! Here's what I have so far:
I've only been apart from Gustav one other time, when I had to go up to Maryland alone to take care of my house. And I have to admit that I rather enjoyed the alone time; I could come and go as I pleased.
So, I'm kind of excited now. I couldn't go with them because I am helping with my neighbor's baby shower on Saturday. Plus my friend Jitin is visiting for a conference and I wanted to see him.
Four days!!! Here's what I have so far:
- books - I just finished 2 books about Laura Bush (American Wife was an excellent fictional account of her life but The Perfect Wife was very badly written) so now I have Game Change and The Politician.
- DVDs - I have Bowling for Columbine at home and Journeys with George (documentary by Nancy Pelosi's daughter of W.'s campaign) and By the People: The Election of Barack Obama on my Netflix queue. I actually saw the Atlanta premiere of By the People at the Carter Center with the directors, but I want to see it again now that I'm reading Game Change.
- baby shower - I have to meet with my neighbor's mother and sister tonight and the shower is Saturday.
- taxes - I've been carrying a folder of all the documents with me, waiting for a window to work on deductions before I can send everything off to the accountant.
- clean the house and enjoy it staying clean and tidy