Co-Sleeping

We're not fans of co-sleeping but for the first couple of months of Gustav's life, he co-slept with us. We had no choice; he wouldn't sleep in his crib. We would just fall asleep from exhaustion with him on our chest.

I look back on that time and wouldn't change it for anything. Those moments were truly sweet. I get nostalgic for that time and will occasionally ask Gabe if we can start a family tradition of co-sleeping on weekends. Gabe is usually against the idea, and apparently for good reason.

Well, the other night I felt compelled to take Gustav out of his crib and bring him to our bed. I just missed him and wanted to be with him. What followed was several hours of him moving around and kicking me so that neither Gabe nor I could sleep. Gabe was right, and I placed him back in his crib. Oh well...