Aquarium

My coworker invited Gustav and me to the aquarium today to help with her pilot research study on accessible aquariums. She collected data by recording me talking to Gustav. I was supposed to take Gustav there (10-11:30), feed him lunch (11:30-12), have him nap in the car or at my office (12:30-1:30), and then take him to school.









If only it happened that way! I could tell he was heading for a lunchtime meltdown at about 11:20am so we cut the visit short and I took him to the cafe. He was really well behaved and ate all of his chicken tenders, french fries, strawberries, and carrot cake. Then we headed back to my office, which is nearby. He kept on nodding off in the car so I had to keep waking him up. I really didn't want to sit in a hot car during his nap so I tried to keep him awake so that he could nap in my office. I guess I was too effective because then he couldn't fall asleep.

He was wound up and just played. I didn't feel right dropping him off at school where he would probably be a hot mess so he stayed with me. At around 3pm, he dropped from exhaustion.