July 1st was Gabe's birthday. And it was his first day not working at the Atlanta Film Festival. You can read about it in Creative Loafing.
I planned a trip up to Maryland and Delaware for our usual birthday and anniversary celebrations. This year it was a little more poignant.
I knew that Gabe needed a mental break between leaving the festival and starting on his job search. However, he felt that it would be a week off from looking for a job. I stressed to him that he needed this break. So we went up to Maryland and Delaware and had a great time (more on this later).
When I first found out about his job, I admit that I panicked. Then I realized that this was an opportunity. An opportunity for him to find something that will be creatively fulfilling in a place where everyone's goals are aligned and hard work is appreciated and recognized.
Gabe has always landed on his feet. He is resourceful and industrious. I have complete faith in him.
I planned a trip up to Maryland and Delaware for our usual birthday and anniversary celebrations. This year it was a little more poignant.
I knew that Gabe needed a mental break between leaving the festival and starting on his job search. However, he felt that it would be a week off from looking for a job. I stressed to him that he needed this break. So we went up to Maryland and Delaware and had a great time (more on this later).
When I first found out about his job, I admit that I panicked. Then I realized that this was an opportunity. An opportunity for him to find something that will be creatively fulfilling in a place where everyone's goals are aligned and hard work is appreciated and recognized.
Gabe has always landed on his feet. He is resourceful and industrious. I have complete faith in him.