Dinner Menu

I'm so proud of myself! Gabe has been in Vegas since Saturday and I've been holding down the fort. While I miss him a lot, I do enjoy getting some time to myself. I get to clean the house and it stays clean. I can watch, or not watch, whatever I want. And I even made dinner every night that Gustav and I enjoyed together.

On Sunday I made tomato basil soup with bread. On Monday I made broccoli and bow ties. And tonight I made sloppy joes.

On most nights, Gustav and I get home at around 6:30pm. I prepare his dinner and he eats it alone. Gabe arrives after 7pm and starts preparing our dinner. I take Gustav upstairs to give him a bath and get him ready for bed by 8pm. Then Gabe and I have dinner together.

Eating with Gustav while Gabe has been away was really wonderful. We turned on Christmas music and just chatted. I think it is time to incorporate this into our daily schedule.