Library

As some of you know, I have a Masters in Library Science. It wasn't until my very last semester at graduate school that I found a class and subject that I enjoyed: children's librarian. I came to the U.S. when I was about 2 or 3 years old and my parents never read all the children's classics to me so this class was my first exposure to children's literature. I loved reading all the books!

So now I normally give Caldecott books as children's gifts. However, I have been a little negligent with Gustav's library because he has received lots of books as gifts and we've made do with those. I recently noticed that I haven't been reading as much to him as I should, and I think it's because I didn't really enjoy the books. So I quickly ordered some books from Amazon and he loved them all!

I referenced a list from the Association for Library Service to Children and bought these:
  • Kitten's First Full Moon
  • In the Tall, Tall Grass
  • Little Yoga: A Toddler's First Book of Yoga
  • Emergency
  • Time to Get Dressed
We usually read all of these books right before bed. And when I check in on him before I go to bed, the books are all on the bed with him. As well as his cars. And his chair. And all of his underwear. And all of the pull-ups and diapers. And pretty much everything in his room...

To think that I was worried about him getting into all sorts of trouble when he transitioned from his crib prior to his 2nd birthday. He's so good that he brings everything to his bed:-)