I so was not expecting this!
I looked on the calendar and saw that I was a couple of days late, and I'm often a day early, never late. I texted Gabe and asked him to pick up some tests, just expecting confirmation that I wasn't pregnant.
I was so sure that I wasn't pregnant that I have taken very little notes. Also, I haven't been taking super care of myself the way I did with Gustav. I've been eating poorly, drinking coffee, not taking my prenatals religiously everyday, and Gustav has been jumping up and down on me. Already, Segundo is getting the short end of the stick.
I have been feeling tired and emotional (crying after Toys Story 3 and Cars) but I figured it was PMS since I've been having my normal PMS symptoms: hot flashes, nausea, aches, and breakouts. I guess I have been breaking out more than usual and having a lot of dreams.
When I tested this evening, it was perfunctory but the line showed up immediately. I called out to Gabe, who was upstairs, and had Gustav take the test upstairs.
I'm in such shock. I so wasn't expecting this. After my obsessiveness the first month, I've just been more relaxed about the whole thing. I think I only tested once last month, just to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. Like this month. Except I got a different result this month.
OMG - we are going to have a baby!!! We asked Gustav if he wanted a baby brother or sister, and he said he wanted a baby sister like Rian's baby sister. I asked what he would name his sister and he said Addison (another girlfriend at school).
OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm so overcome by emotion.
Since last month I have accepted that we may not have another one because of my age and because the last two months were unsuccessful. I did look at the baby due date calculator today to see when we could try again because I wanted to stop trying for a couple of months, mainly due to my work schedule.
BTW, today was also a big day for Gabe. I hope to share some good news about that later. And I guess I got some good news myself; my boss put in a request for my promotion today.
All in all, today has been a momentous day. Today is the day that our family has changed...for the better.

I looked on the calendar and saw that I was a couple of days late, and I'm often a day early, never late. I texted Gabe and asked him to pick up some tests, just expecting confirmation that I wasn't pregnant.
I was so sure that I wasn't pregnant that I have taken very little notes. Also, I haven't been taking super care of myself the way I did with Gustav. I've been eating poorly, drinking coffee, not taking my prenatals religiously everyday, and Gustav has been jumping up and down on me. Already, Segundo is getting the short end of the stick.
I have been feeling tired and emotional (crying after Toys Story 3 and Cars) but I figured it was PMS since I've been having my normal PMS symptoms: hot flashes, nausea, aches, and breakouts. I guess I have been breaking out more than usual and having a lot of dreams.
When I tested this evening, it was perfunctory but the line showed up immediately. I called out to Gabe, who was upstairs, and had Gustav take the test upstairs.
I'm in such shock. I so wasn't expecting this. After my obsessiveness the first month, I've just been more relaxed about the whole thing. I think I only tested once last month, just to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. Like this month. Except I got a different result this month.
OMG - we are going to have a baby!!! We asked Gustav if he wanted a baby brother or sister, and he said he wanted a baby sister like Rian's baby sister. I asked what he would name his sister and he said Addison (another girlfriend at school).
OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm so overcome by emotion.
Since last month I have accepted that we may not have another one because of my age and because the last two months were unsuccessful. I did look at the baby due date calculator today to see when we could try again because I wanted to stop trying for a couple of months, mainly due to my work schedule.
BTW, today was also a big day for Gabe. I hope to share some good news about that later. And I guess I got some good news myself; my boss put in a request for my promotion today.
All in all, today has been a momentous day. Today is the day that our family has changed...for the better.
