On Saturday as we were getting ready to join Gabe at the 48 Hour Film Event, I accidentally locked Gustav in the car:-( He has a habit of playing in the car and pushing all the buttons (with me nearby of course!), and that was what he was doing when I was readjusting his carseat. I buckled him in and automatically shut the door. Oops, he had previously locked the doors. And my keys and phone were in the car.
Luckily the car wasn't running and we were in the garage. It was storming outside with thunder and lightning, so really he was quite safe.
I went over to Jay and Dawn's house to ask them to call 911 and Jay immediately suggested driving out to Gabe at the Plaza Theater to retrieve the spare key. Dawn called 911 and the firemen showed up about 5 minutes later.
Gustav was fantastic during this whole order. No crying or anything! The firemen worked hard at trying to pop the lock with a wire hanger but they just couldn't do it. One fireman tried to show Gustav how to pop the carseat buckle. Obviously he didn't have children because I'm pretty sure carseat belts are childproof.
Luckily Jay showed up with the key and we were able to rescue Gustav:-)


On Monday, I took over some treats to Jay and Dawn's just as a small thanks. Bella took one bite of Alon's macaroons and loved it!
On Tuesday, I delivered some Chik Fil A to the fire station and the fireman was so nice. He showed us around and was so sweet to Gustav.
We are really blessed to have such great neighbors and a wonderful and responsive fire department.



Luckily the car wasn't running and we were in the garage. It was storming outside with thunder and lightning, so really he was quite safe.
I went over to Jay and Dawn's house to ask them to call 911 and Jay immediately suggested driving out to Gabe at the Plaza Theater to retrieve the spare key. Dawn called 911 and the firemen showed up about 5 minutes later.
Gustav was fantastic during this whole order. No crying or anything! The firemen worked hard at trying to pop the lock with a wire hanger but they just couldn't do it. One fireman tried to show Gustav how to pop the carseat buckle. Obviously he didn't have children because I'm pretty sure carseat belts are childproof.
Luckily Jay showed up with the key and we were able to rescue Gustav:-)


On Monday, I took over some treats to Jay and Dawn's just as a small thanks. Bella took one bite of Alon's macaroons and loved it!
On Tuesday, I delivered some Chik Fil A to the fire station and the fireman was so nice. He showed us around and was so sweet to Gustav.
We are really blessed to have such great neighbors and a wonderful and responsive fire department.




