Gabe has accused me of magical thinking. As I did when planning Gustav's nursery, I consulted my feng shui book to start thinking about Segundo's nursery. I'm not into it hard core, but I like to keep those elements in mind. Plus, since I have no design skills or talent, I need all the help I can get!
When I was planning Gustav's nursery, the feng shui principles guided my thinking so that I knew that I wanted his nursery to be a peaceful space conducive to sleep. Therefore no primary colors, only soothing tones. Paint color was silver sage from Restoration Hardware and the bedding was from Restoration Hardware Baby. I'm sure feng shui wasn't the major factor but perhaps it was one of the reasons why we've never had sleep issues with Gustav. And when I enter his room, it's very calming.
So back to Segundo's nursery. I have some basic ideas in mind (plantation shutters, crib placement, and colors). I think we are going to paint the room a pale yellow as yellow is an auspicious color. Yellow is also very uplifting while cozy, and color researchers believe it helps in brain development. I'm not a big pink person (if girl!) so I'm thinking perhaps coral and white for bedding.

So this weekend I spent some time just putting paper away and clearing up the clutter. Hope it works!
When I was planning Gustav's nursery, the feng shui principles guided my thinking so that I knew that I wanted his nursery to be a peaceful space conducive to sleep. Therefore no primary colors, only soothing tones. Paint color was silver sage from Restoration Hardware and the bedding was from Restoration Hardware Baby. I'm sure feng shui wasn't the major factor but perhaps it was one of the reasons why we've never had sleep issues with Gustav. And when I enter his room, it's very calming.
So back to Segundo's nursery. I have some basic ideas in mind (plantation shutters, crib placement, and colors). I think we are going to paint the room a pale yellow as yellow is an auspicious color. Yellow is also very uplifting while cozy, and color researchers believe it helps in brain development. I'm not a big pink person (if girl!) so I'm thinking perhaps coral and white for bedding.

These colors?
We're also going to use Gustav's crib and when the baby is done with it, we'll convert it to the full-size bed for Gustav. Poor Segundo! Gustav got such nice things for his nursery, and s/he will get all second hand and repurposed furniture. Also, I don't plan to spend a lot on bedding this time. It took me forever to find Gustav's bedding and Restoration Hardware Baby is not cheap. It was definitely one of my splurges. However, I really don't want to spend a lot this time. We really don't need much of anything for Segundo, except maybe a double stroller.
But the real reason why Gabe accused me of magical thinking? When I was looking at the book for inspiration for the nursery, I realized that we may not have been focusing enough on the career aspect of our home and maybe that's why Gabe hasn't found a full-time job. The north governs career, and our north facing room (guest room) is extremely cluttered. I've been very lazy about putting the paper clutter away. I'm terrible with filing so my compromise is to just put all the paper in banker boxes with basic organization. As long as I know where to find things, I'm okay.
But the real reason why Gabe accused me of magical thinking? When I was looking at the book for inspiration for the nursery, I realized that we may not have been focusing enough on the career aspect of our home and maybe that's why Gabe hasn't found a full-time job. The north governs career, and our north facing room (guest room) is extremely cluttered. I've been very lazy about putting the paper clutter away. I'm terrible with filing so my compromise is to just put all the paper in banker boxes with basic organization. As long as I know where to find things, I'm okay.
So this weekend I spent some time just putting paper away and clearing up the clutter. Hope it works!