*For those not on Facebook, where I had a play by play of everything:-)
Introducing Greta Anouk Isadora! She arrived on Saturday, February 4, 2012, at 4:32am. 7 pounds 3.5 ounces (!!!) and 19 3/4 inches at 35w6d. And for the record, I had an epidural and only pushed 4 times in under 10 minutes.
I will write a birth story when I have time but the short story is that my water broke when I was at the OB office doing my NST on Friday afternoon. It was just a small gushing so I went back to work and ate lunch. I felt more small gushings so I consulted a colleague and she told me to call my OB's office. The nurse told me to come in. I went in, the doctor did an internal, and told me that I wasn't going home; I had to go straight to labor and delivery. I was in shock, mainly because 1. we weren't prepared for this, 2. Gabe just started his new job in Athens, over an hour away, and 3. we weren't prepared for this! I started to panic and cried a little.
Luckily my OB's office is connected to the hospital so on my way walking over there, I stopped for a few minutes to make all the phone calls and texts. Kai's mommy would take Gustav so I had to call in and give my consent. Gabe was going to head home right away.
So I finally checked in and shortly after Summer came to visit and sit with me. Gabe arrived about 3 hours later after going home and packing a bag for all three of us and dropping Gustav's bag at the school.
Greta arrived early on Saturday morning.
Introducing Greta Anouk Isadora! She arrived on Saturday, February 4, 2012, at 4:32am. 7 pounds 3.5 ounces (!!!) and 19 3/4 inches at 35w6d. And for the record, I had an epidural and only pushed 4 times in under 10 minutes.
I will write a birth story when I have time but the short story is that my water broke when I was at the OB office doing my NST on Friday afternoon. It was just a small gushing so I went back to work and ate lunch. I felt more small gushings so I consulted a colleague and she told me to call my OB's office. The nurse told me to come in. I went in, the doctor did an internal, and told me that I wasn't going home; I had to go straight to labor and delivery. I was in shock, mainly because 1. we weren't prepared for this, 2. Gabe just started his new job in Athens, over an hour away, and 3. we weren't prepared for this! I started to panic and cried a little.
Luckily my OB's office is connected to the hospital so on my way walking over there, I stopped for a few minutes to make all the phone calls and texts. Kai's mommy would take Gustav so I had to call in and give my consent. Gabe was going to head home right away.
So I finally checked in and shortly after Summer came to visit and sit with me. Gabe arrived about 3 hours later after going home and packing a bag for all three of us and dropping Gustav's bag at the school.
Greta arrived early on Saturday morning.
We are so in love with our little dragon:-)
