Ouch!

I've been a little anxious lately thinking about the end of my maternity leave and paying daycare tuition for two.

With Gustav I couldn't wait to go back and resume my normal life. With Greta, I know she is my last baby, and I feel like her infancy is going by so quickly so I really want to savor it. Plus my leave hasn't been the most relaxing because I feel pulled in so many directions. I almost feel like I have ADD because I can't concentrate and do one thing (e.g., thank you notes, work emails, blogging, pumping, organizing teacher appreciation month at the daycare). I'm trying to be gentle with myself and let certain things (e.g., housekeeping) slide, but it hasn't been easy. And I'm trying to be patient with Gustav, but there have been days that I've yelled at him and I even yelled once at Greta:-(

I finally had to breathe and remind myself to just enjoy the day and not worry about tomorrow. And you know what? It worked! Gai and I had a nice day at Lenox Mall, and then we picked up Gustav earlier than usual and he and I made nutella wontons. I also registered both kids for the fall and got the teacher appreciation month calendar done:-)

As for the tuition, that is still going to hurt but at least it will only be one year that it will hit us the hardest. Right now Gustav's tuition for Preschool 1 is more than the tuition at GA Tech (!!!). Because his birthday is on September 26 (cutoff in Georgia is September 1), he will do another year in Preschool (2012-2013) before going to Pre-K (2013-2014), which will be free (we just have to pay for aftercare). Then he will go to a charter school near our home. There are several good ones nearby and I'm hoping that his being Asian will be in his favor to get in. I have to admit that his schooling is not an issue that stresses me out the way it does for the majority of parents that I know. Gabe and I are active in his current school (I'm a co-chair of the parent committee), and I know he will thrive wherever he will end up.

But ouch, the tuition for the 2012-2013 school year will really hurt with his tuition for Preschool 2 and Greta's Infant tuition. The tuition for the Infant room at any daycare is usually the most expensive because infants need more care but it gets cheaper as the child ages up in school.