Well, I went back to work on Monday after a too short 8 weeks of maternity leave. I only had that amount of vacation and sick time, and I didn't really want to take any unpaid leave. On the one hand, I was sad to leave Greta but I knew she was in good hands with Gai. On the other hand, I was kind of looking forward to getting back into a routine both at home and work. I hate the psychic burden of work piling up so I was ready to tackle my in-box and start crossing to-do's off my list.
So this has been our schedule this week:
got a mani/pedi and new dress
Poor Greta caught my cold so we have been very loosely going by the schedule that I prepared. She seems to want to eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours so I didn't push the 3 hours in between feeding. Also, she has only been sleeping in 3 hour stretches at night because of her cold.So this has been our schedule this week:
5:30am nurse, diaper, get up and do work (pays bills, make coffee, get bottles prepared)
6:30am pump and then shower and get dressed
7:00am Gabe and Gustav get up and get dressed
8:00am to 6:00pm Aunt Gai feeds her between 2-3 ounces every 2 to 2 1/2 hours; I pump at 9am, 12pm, and 3pm
5:00pm pick up Gustav and hang out with him for a bit at school
6:00pm nurse Greta, have dinner with Gai and Gustav
7:00pm bath time for Greta and Gustav
7:45pm downtime watching Cars while I clean up bathroom
8:00pm Gustav goes to bed, nurse Greta and put her in PNP; Gabe gets home and eats dinner
10:00pm nurse, diaper
1:30am nurse