Her First Day

It was her first day in daycare and it really hit me hard this time. With Gustav, I was so ready. However, with Greta I just wanted to linger and I didn't want to leave her.

Maybe because the day started so crappy. I got pulled over by a cop in my subdivision for not making a complete stop at the stop sign (neighbor called the cop to come because she noticed that no one stopped at that sign). On top of that my license had expired and I never noticed. So I got two citations before I even got to the daycare.

Anyway, back to Greta. Everyone was so welcoming and Ms. DaJuana was so excited to tell Mr. Brandon that Greta was starting. Last Friday when we had the orientation, Ms. Evette told me that she told her teachers that we were good and easy parents. Ha! I know some of the parents in the room so it was especially funny.

I stopped by at lunchtime to feed her but she was already sleeping in the crib. When I went to pick her up at the end of the day, I was told that she was perfect. She certainly looked very comfortable and happy. Ms. Miriam (Gustav's teacher) was in the room providing support and she told me that she wanted to take Greta home:-)

That night she slept for six hours (8pm to 2am)!!!