Teacher Issue

The other morning Gustav told Gabe that he didn't like one of his teachers. Gabe and I got into an argument that morning and Gustav was a little grumpy so we didn't explore the issue further. When I went to pick him up from school, I asked him about it in the car.

One of my friends said that her son has told her that he doesn't like her and I Googled the topic so I know that it could be just a 3 year old thing. However, I know Gustav and he has never said that he doesn't like someone. In fact when I ask him if anyone is his best friend, he will usually reply that all of his friends are his best friends. And to make sure it wasn't him just being a 3 year old, I asked him if he liked me. He said that he liked me and when I asked why, he said it was because I was nice.

So back to the teacher. When I asked him why he told his daddy what he did, he said that it was because he liked Ms. DaJuana; Ms. DaJuana calls him Goosey Goose. When I kept on asking why he didn't like the teacher, he said he didn't like the teacher's hair (I think) and that the teacher wasn't nice. When I asked why the teacher wasn't nice, Gustav said that the teacher says filth. My interpretation is that the teacher probably says the word "filth" instead of talking filth.

I'm really torn about bringing this up and if so, to whom? Should I speak with Ms. DaJuana? She is the head teacher in the room but she has been substituting a lot so I haven't seen her in the classroom. I'm not sure if I should bring it to the Director's attention because I don't know if it is a big deal. The classroom is going through some transitions now (several friends have or are going to have baby siblings, teachers leaving) so it may be that Gustav is sensitive to that. I don't really know.