Sleepover

We invited three of Gustav's school buddies over for a sleepover...on Mother's Day weekend. He was so excited and dictated dinner (chicken, broccoli, rice, corn) and dessert (strawberries, ice cream, cereal, and Popsicles) plans to us. For some reason, there always has to be four options because they are four...

Hmm, not sure we'll be doing a sleepover with four 4 year olds again anytime soon! Ha! Greta was a rock star and was actually the only person who didn't cry.

Four 4 year old boys = too much energy and high drama. Thank goodness we have a largish house. We went from one room (playroom) to the next (movie in living room), inside to outside. What helped was to separate them into twos when we began the bedtime routine. And I got them in bed, or rather on the floor, by 8:30pm because I was exhausted:-)

On Sunday they had breakfast and we went for a walk and played some more. Then Gabe made pancakes and scrambled eggs from Jack's chickens.

By the time the parents came for pickup, no one wanted to leave. There were tears, hiding, and grumpy faces.

So I think it was a success. Not sure I want to do it again though!