I've changed my schedule at work a bit so I can pick up Gustav earlier and we can spend time together. He will be going to Kindergarten next year and I won't have the luxury of his being down the street so I want to spend as much time with him as possible.
We got off to a rocky start probably because we were just running errands. He told me that he wanted to be in aftercare so he could play with his friends.
So we decided to join Kai and Zoe at their swim lessons. The water is warm at the pool so on swim days, I pick up Greta and all three of us get in the pool. Greta and I play while Gustav gets his lesson.
Yesterday before his lesson, we went to Target. I got him a treat and asked about his five favorite things that day:
- playing with the eggs
- playing in the centers
- jobs (being teacher helper)
- eating lunch
- playing outside
- Ms. Kellie and Ms. Jennifer
I keep asking him if he wants to go back to aftercare or if he likes it when I pick him up early, and he said he likes me picking him up earlier. I am not convinced because he is a people pleaser so I told him that I just want him to be happy. So we'll see...

