My father had a brain aneurysm in 1986 when he was 45 years old. He died in 2008 when he was 67.
Also in 1986, my mother developed breast cancer (had a lumpectomy and then mastectomy around 2000) and was diagnosed with diabetes when she was 42. She died in 2004, at 59, from liver disease.
I am 42 now and this weighs heavily on me because I have two young children. I bought life insurance for Gabe and am in the process of getting it for myself so that our mortgage and the children's education will be paid for if anything happens to us.
We also get annual physicals. I was nervous this year and asked them to double check on my thyroid and if I was prediabetic. All lab results were fine. The doctor did pressure me to start exercising and to lose 10 pounds though.
I also went to see an allergist because my lips have been swelling big time from what I thought was a new reaction to seafood. Apparently I'm not really allergic to seafood. The doctor does want me to carry an epipen just in case. So no idea what is causing the swollen lips:-(
All in all, I am healthy:-)
