Things He Says

Land of Coke [World of Coke - where they went on their field trip]

"I got a soda-ache." 

"Videotape" [re-creating a scene]

"I think Mouse is in love with me. She thinks I am her dad and will keep her safe."

"I'm Greta's grandfather because G-Pop died and I'm her grandfather now."

"No fair Greta is beautiful! I want to be beautiful too!"
"Have fun at work. Don't give up on work.  Seriously."

"Can he come home with us? G-Pop isn't here anywhere and we need someone." [on the homeless man we see leaving school]

After a stressful night with Gabe and Leslie, I asked him if there was something we three adults could do differently. He replied: be nice, be funny, don't argue. When I asked him to lead a family meeting because of his great ideas, he said he couldn't because he was a kid and we were the mommy and daddy. I told him that his ideas were so great and we needed to listened to him. So of course he told me that in that case he wanted me to buy him candy. He is so clever!

During one of their visits, Aunt Tessa asked Gustav if he will let her pick him up when he's 15 years old, and he told her that it was up to her and whether she will have the strength to do so.

"Did you know that people who were light brown and dark brown could not go to the same school?
He [MLK,Jr.] thought that everyone could go to the same school. His dream came true!"