Travel

Now that life is a bit more settled (we are past surviving infant and early toddlerhood), Gabe and I have started to think about traveling as a family. He is fond of reminding me that in my twenties I had told him that I wanted a passel of children and that I wanted to travel with them.

So far on the agenda:
- Chattanooga (Labor Day weekend) with Gustav's daycare friends
- Legoland Orlando with Rese and Revi and their twins in October for Gustav's birthday
- Thailand during winter break
- hopefully Hawaii and Disney in 2015

Since Gustav is in elementary school we are somewhat limited in when to travel. We can do it during spring break (1 week), summer (when everyone travels), or winter break (1 week).

Ideally I would like to travel internationally once a year, with Thailand every other year. With this in mind, we each made a list of our top 5 destinations.

Mine:
Paris (I once read that Gwyneth Paltrow's dad took her there for her first time because he wanted her to remember that she went there with a man who will always love her. I want Gabe to do this with Greta.)
Ireland
South Africa
China (mainly because my mom wanted to visit)
Australia

Gabe:
New Zealand
Sweden
Italy
Spain
London

Can't wait because travel is definitely a priority for us!