Uncle David and Aunt Sue drove down to Atlanta from Maryland to help Leslie move back home to Delaware. They are truly incredible.
I know Gabe has been feeling like "that child" or the default caretaker, so it was truly a gift for them to help.
Last night we celebrated at the Colonnade, and this morning Gabe wrangled all three cats into their carriers. Leslie was going to meet them at their hotel, and I believe the three will take turns driving the two cars.
It's been nearly a year since Leslie has been with us. Gustav got very emotional this morning when he realized his Mema was leaving. He asked me who was going to go to his grandparents luncheon at school.
I'm glad she had an opportunity to be present in her grandchildren's lives and to see them grow this past year. Things were at times rocky between us three adults, but Gabe and I hope that she reaches out to her local network and thrives in this next chapter in her life.
Gabe, I know, is looking forward to being the master of his domain (ie, kitchen) again!

