We just got Gustav's first grade report card and he's doing really well. I am currently reading Nurture Shock and there is a chapter dealing with gifted programs and how testing in first grade really doesn't mean anything because children's brain and intelligence at this age aren't stable yet. It's better to test at third grade.
Ms. Luckhard last year recommended him for the gifted program but I didn't really follow up. I was more impressed with her assessment that he was very well balanced in terms of social-emotional-intellectual.
In his current report card he is showing Mastery in Reading and Mathematics. Go Gustav!
Ms. Luckhard last year recommended him for the gifted program but I didn't really follow up. I was more impressed with her assessment that he was very well balanced in terms of social-emotional-intellectual.
In his current report card he is showing Mastery in Reading and Mathematics. Go Gustav!
