I should have been more concerned when Greta’s earrings managed to stay in for more than a month. She loses one quite frequently so that’s when I put new ones in.





Two nights ago she lost one earring and last night she complained about the other ear smelling. When I went to put new earrings in, I saw the reason for the smell. The back of her remaining earring was completely embedded with only the tip pointing out😟
Gabe put ice on it and tried to remove it but it was too painful. I didn’t think it warranted a trip to the ER, which would make it even more traumatic (and costly at $300).
So this morning I prepped her by working on her brave and strong pose and reminding her that if she wants to be a vet, she needs to get used to medical situations. I had to do this because Gabe said she would freak out if there is blood. Why in the world would he even put that in he head??
Gabe then took her to Children’s Health Care urgent care and the wait wasn’t too bad. The doctor put lanocane on her ear and was able to remove the earring. I told Gabe to get her a present for being brave and strong😍. So proud of her!