Crazy Cat Lady

I planned to only foster one kitten in need (shelters in Atlanta are over capacity and the kitten season was brutal), but I came home with three kittens on July 22. I told the kids we are not naming them, but the tiny tabby is called Mouse, grey silky is called Tater Tots, and the teen with the big green eyes is Cat Noir.

I thought Cat Noir was male but a sharp eyed rescuer told me with the muted tortie coloring that the cat is probably a female. And that she is most likely pregnant.

Appointment made for Cat Noir’s spaying on August 8, the first week of school.

We decided to go on one last getaway before school. On Wednesday August 1, we went to the open house for Gustav’s new school and then ran some errands while waiting for Gabe to come home so we could leave for the Great Wolf Lodge. I hadn’t heard back from the college student across the street who was supposed to pet sit but no big deal because the 12 year old neighbor could feed the cats.

We got home and I heard a squeal. Told Gustav to check on the cats and he was like “Mommy, you need to come here.” Three babies: 1 stillborn and 2 alive. Cue a lot of cursing. After I calmed down, I went outside to talk to Bella and came back inside. Baby #4 had arrived, a big ginger baby that we named Jay after my brother since it was his birthday.

So now I have 7 cats total: Our furrever cat  Lester, 2 probable foster fails Mouse and Tater, and Mama and her 3 babies.