New Car

I’m 47 years old and I finally purchased my first car! And now I’m having a panic attack - ha!

Goodbye 2001 RAV4 (195k miles) that was gifted to me (along with their 2000 Sienna) by my uncle and aunt when they retired early to Thailand in 2013.

Gabe has had a new car twice, 2015 Leaf and 2018 Leaf, so it was definitely my time. 

In my life, I started with the family’s Camry when I learned to drive. My mom bought me a new 1998 Corolla when I moved back home from Hawaii. I drove that car until I got the RAV4 in 2013. My family is obviously loyal to Toyota!

I really wanted to purchase a used minivan but a new one was more cost effective. 

Hello 2019 Honda Odyssey. It’s so fancy (DVD, navigation, remote start, etc) that I’m too nervous to drive it. When I took the family for a test drive when I got home, Gabe wanted to know if it went above 20 mph because I was driving so slowly. I think I’m still in shock.