What better way to social distance than by going to the Okefenokee Swamp? We decided to cancel our trip to Tampa with GT friends, even though the compound with 3 units was completely private, because the surge in coronavirus made us uncomfortable. So I booked us a long weekend at the Stephen Foster state park where the Okefenokee is one of Georgia’s state wonders. We invited Phuc and his family because it was the site of his wedding.












After a huge family fight on the drive over, the air was cleared and we were able to enjoy the trip. It was cloudy the entire time so we couldn’t take advantage of the famously dark nights to view the stars and see the Milky Way. However we did make a day trip to Amelia Island for a few hours at the beach and also a day trip to St. Mary’s.
I’m still not a big fan of roughing it but the Okefenokee Swamp was incredible. We only saw one 6 foot alligator though so I want to go back when it’s cooler.