Wise Gustav

I just found out that Gustav is on Instagram. He said he joined to follow Barack Obama😂

Also, after a very challenging first week of virtual learning he told me “patience is the key and things happen when you have patience.” 

What I learned this week is that I’m a terrible helicopter parent with virtual learning. After a sleepless Wednesday night, I finally realized that if these were normal times, I’d drop Gustav off at school and that would be it. I never helped with homework or class assignments because I believed they were his responsibilities. With this schooling at home, I made us all crazy trying to organize and manage his schooling. So I decided I would let Gustav log on and figure out where he needed to be and when on his own. I would be around to check in, but after I first helped him check his emails he would be on his own.

It worked and he made us both proud! I just needed to back off and let him take ownership.