We met with Ms. Deidre yesterday to discuss Gustav.
Her obvservations:
Her obvservations:
- he is "very intelligent and sweet" (I added sensitive)
- "far more advanced than his peers" (I asked if it could be maturity since he is one of the oldest in the class and she said no and he just seems to pick up things really easily)
- socially well developed and is comfortable jumping into an established group
- he is good in math and needs to be more challenged than the rest of the class
- he is so ready for PreK
- he is good with his hands and math so she predicts he'll be a surgeon
- he loses focus when he is around certain friends
She, like Mr. Brandon, mentioned how they can tell that we work a lot with him at home. She was very surprised when I told her that we don't do anything with him at home. I am a firm believer that kids need down time, especially after 9 hours at school, so all time at home is unstructured.
When I asked about the finger sucking, she said that she doesn't really notice it. I told her that I have been asking him to stop. At first he told me that he would stop on his 4th birthday. The day after his birthday, he said he would stop on his 5th birthday, which is September 26. These days he tells me that he will stop on September 27. I really want to try the bitter nail polish but Gabe thinks it's cruel. Sigh...
When I asked about the finger sucking, she said that she doesn't really notice it. I told her that I have been asking him to stop. At first he told me that he would stop on his 4th birthday. The day after his birthday, he said he would stop on his 5th birthday, which is September 26. These days he tells me that he will stop on September 27. I really want to try the bitter nail polish but Gabe thinks it's cruel. Sigh...
Here are the observations from other conferences:
- PS2 with Ms. Danielle in January 2013
- PS1 with Ms. DaJuana in July 2012
- PS1 with Mr. Brandon in April 2012
- Two's with Ms. LaConyea in July 2011
- Two's with Ms. Karissa in January 2011
- Toddler's with Ms. Brittney in June 2010
- Toddler's with Ms. Brittney in January 2010
- Infant's with Ms. Stephanie in August 2009
